Ways to Support Gilpin
Gilpin Montessori values and encourages families to be involved with and support our school in any way they can including volunteering, being involved with committees and contributing financially directly or indirectly.
- Donate through PayPal
- Box Tops for EducationThe collection of Box Tops for Education is a super easy way to raise money each year for Gilpin!
Box Tops can be found on many General Mills, Betty Crocker, Juicy Juice, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Ziploc, Kleenex, Hefty, Saran, Viva, Huggies, Scott, Cottonelle and Kotex products. Look on all sides and surfaces of the packages. Clip them off and collect them in a Ziploc bag loosely. Don’t forget to the check the expiration date. Send them to school with your child. There is a collection box located inside the lobby in front of the main office. Each box top is worth 10¢ for Gilpin.
- Target REDCard for Education
Target will donate 1% of your REDcard purchases made at Target and Target.com. Sign up here! Please use 37371 as the school id. Target RedCard for Education
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Room Parents: Directly help in your child’s classroom with events, newsletter, class projects and weekly classroom communication. We are always looking for more room parents so check in with your child’s teacher.
- School Beautification Projects/Work Days: Do you enjoy projects such as painting and yard clean up? We would love your hands on help! Look for upcoming events.
- Garden Committee: Do you have a green thumb? If so, we need your help in the Gilpin Garden! Please contact Rocio Canteli at 720-424-7141 if you would like to help us out with this!
- Assistance in the Gilpin Library: Our librarian needs help re-shelving books and with other duties around the library! Please contact librarian Julie McDermott at Julie_macdermott@dpsk12.org if you would like to help.
- Montessori materials preparation: Please contact Montessori Coordinator Marcellina Otii Marcellina_Otii@dpsk12.org if you are interested in helping to prepare Montessori classroom materials.
Please contact Rocio Canteli at 720-424-7141 if you are interested in these or other volunteer opportunities at Gilpin. Please note that all of our volunteers are required to undergo a background check through DPS. You can pick up a form at Gilpin.
- Collaborative School Committee
The Collaborative School Committee is made up of Gilpin staff, parents and community members. Its purpose is to help support the academic success of Gilpin students and to give direction in support of the school’s mission and vision. Terms on the committee are for two years.
Parent and Community CSC members for the 2015-16 school year are Beth Bianchi, Kelly Kozlowski, Jenn Koelliker and Monica Lubbert.
CSC Meetings are held the third Wednesday of each month at 4:30 pm -6:00 pm in Gilpin Library. Translation will be provided.
- Friends of Gilpin
Friends of Gilpin is a non-profit that hosts fundraisers and develops strategies to maintain high-quality Montessori programming at the school. Their recent efforts have resulted in our new logo and signage and this website. You can get additional information on fundraising activities such as Sundays with Fausto and the Old San Rafael Home Tour by following them on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FriendsOfGilpin/timeline. For additional information you may contact us at friendsofgilpintreasury@gmail.
- ELA PAC
The English Language Acquisition Parent Advisory Committee (ELA PAC) is for all parents of second language learners. Attend ELA PAC meetings to receive the latest news regarding ELA Programming, implementation and effectiveness. Join and help build on a culture of collaboration and information exchanging within the school, the district and the other parents. Check back here for meeting dates.